Translate

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Two ways to start Ruby on Rails

       Hello Ruby on Rails lovers :D ,

  this is my very first blog about my travel to RoR. Anyone who wants to start with Ruby on Rails I suggest two ways.
        First is the way I did,I go through a book Ruby on Rails Tutorial book . That is probably the best book for starting RoR.
       Second way is learning Ruby first, I suggest depending on version of Ruby(1.8.7 or 1.9.3). Book is called Programming Ruby also known as PickAxe .First 450 pages approx. is important to go through,the rest is Ruby references.

        It is to personal choice how will someone start learning RoR. Honestly I advise to start slowly both ways. To learn any programming language need time,so its same for Ruby,Rails is web framework that is written in Ruby. Also before start learning Ruby on Rails I advise to get some knowledge of HTML, CSS and Javascript which is very important to know before learning RoR. There is plenty tutorials on internet about these topics,google it and you will see :)

Well thats all for this first time, see you soon.

2 comments:

  1. give me step by step process installation in windows pls help me

    ReplyDelete
  2. here you have all explained:
    http://damiragovic.blogspot.com/2012/12/railsinstaller-get-up-running-with-rails.html
    **For Windows**
    word Railsinstaller is linked to the web page where you can go and continue to the installation procces, http://railsinstaller.org/ , read instructions there, download it and install,and enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete